Taking the proper decision for having a skin cancer surgery should be extremely professional to you. In this matter your physician can only help you by explaining all the potential risk factors regarding Skin Cancer Surgery, because they can only explain you in details what kind of risks may be associated with surgery. But before taking any further steps by them first you have to sign a consent from for ensuring that you completely understand the procedure, which you will undergo, as well as the alternatives, most likely risks and potential complications etc.
Possible risks in skin cancer surgery may combine the following:
- Some risks related to anesthesia may occur,
- Little chance of unfavorable scarring,
- Some recurrence related to skin may happen,
- Skin cancer may spread symmetrically,
- Inaccuracy in the frozen-section,
- Little change may occur in skin sensation,
- Incisions related to poor healing,
- Little chance for allergies from the tape, glues, suture materials, topical preparations, blood products as well as injected agents.
- Irregularities on skin color,
- Discoloration or swelling on skin,
- Persist pain may also be occurred,
- Little chance of revision surgery,
- Temporary or permanent damage may occur to deeper structures like blood vessels, nerves, lungs as well as muscles.
So this is very important for you to ask those question to your surgeon again and again before doing any further discussion. This is very natural to feel some anxiety at that moment but need not to be shy for discussing that feelings.
Health and Medical
Important consideration related to your skin:
Once you have been diagnosed there may be some risks of growth on skin cancer at that place again. So to prevent that you have to discuss the signs of skin cancer development with your physician on regularly. You may do self-examination on a regular basics and may schedule an annual skin cancer screening to prevent this matter.