Archives: daily consumption
In today’s fast paced life where everyone is in a mad rush to meet various deadlines, hypertension has become a part and parcel of day to day life. It has not just become a way of life for working people but is omnipresent in the lives of stay at home moms and dads, college kids and even elderly people.
If you too have been suffering from it for quite some time and do not want to take a prescription for the same, there are some easy home remedies that you can try to treat hypertension, also known as high blood pressure.
In fact, if you follow some of the under mentioned home remedies consistently for a long period, you may just be able to completely eliminate the need for any kind of medication for this condition. Some of the tried that tested natural hypertension remedies that you can use are given below:
- Increase you daily consumption of water to avoid water retention by your body that in turn triggers off high blood pressure. Once you step up your daily water intake, you are bound to feel much better in this regard.
- You can also consume fish oil capsules that are available in the market. However, do not do so randomly or without consulting your doctor as you may be allergic to certain fish oils. It is always better to do a thorough research before you start popping these pills.
- You will notice a considerable difference in your blood pressure problem if you consciously cut sodium from your diet. To do this, you need to reduce your salt intake as well as steer clear of processed foods that have high sodium content. As sodium increases the blood volume, thus increasing pressure, avoiding it will help you manage hypertension better.
- Once you start skipping sodium, it will give even better results if you compliment it with adding potassium in your diet. Potassium has just the opposite effect of sodium and reduces the blood volume by moving blood into cells. This in turn reduces pressure. Bananas, potatoes, prunes and lima beans are some good sources of potassium.
- Lastly, as suggested for most ailments, regular exercising proves extremely beneficial for treating natural hypertension as well. This has a positive affect on heart and blood circulation and even reduces inflammation in the arteries, thus lowering blood pressure. Moreover, it also aids in weight loss and weight management as well.