Archives: illness symptoms
Toenail fungus is a common problem faced by many people across the borders. The most common causes of toenail fungus is wearing tight-fitting shoes or tight hosiery that result in excessive sweating, abnormal pH level of the skin, wearing unclean socks over damp feet after bathing or exercising and a poor body immunity.
If not treated on time, this can spread from one toe to another and even to other parts of the body. Toenail fungus breeds and grows rapidly in a moist and warm habitat. Thus, unless you take proper care to keep your feet clean and dry at all times you are likely to suffer from this embarrassing problem.
There are some simple home remedies that you can follow to treat this toe nail fungus. One of the most effective toe nail fungus remedies that you can try at your home is applying a mix of tea tree oil and olive oil to the affected area. You can use a cotton ball to apply this mix around your toenails and massage it gently so that it is absorbed by the skin on the surrounding area.
Since tea tree oil is a potent natural antiseptic and fungicide, it will help kill the fungus and relieve you from its symptoms. To get the best results, you should do this everyday for over a week. You can also use a mix of tea tree oil and lavender oil to get similar results.
You can also soak your toes in listerine mouthwash to kill the fungus. The powerful antiseptic properties of the mouthwash will effectively get rid of the fungus and leave your toes looking healthy. Another strong antiseptic solution that you can make at home to treat your toe fungus is by mixing apple cider vinegar in equal quantity of warm water. You should soak your toes in this solution for 5 to 10 minutes and then take them out and dry them completely.
An easy way to soothe the skin irritation caused by toe nail fungus is by applying a mix of oregano and olive oil to the affected area. The proportion of this solution should be two drops of oregano oil in a tea spoon of olive oil. You need to apply this mix for at least three weeks to get desired results. To help your body flush out the dead skin cells from the toe nail area, you can apply AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) creams on your feet before going to bed.
Everyone suffers from conjunctivitis or sore eyes once in their lifetime. Also known as pink eye, this condition is marked by inflammation of the eyes along with symptoms such as reddening, itching, pain and constant watering. It usually begins with one eye but can spread to the other eye if the person is not careful or keeps rubbing his or her infected eye.
Since this eye infection is highly contagious, make sure that you do not share your towel, handkerchief or pillow with anyone. It is also important to keep your room neat and clean and use fresh linens. No matter how much your eyes burn or itch, do not touch it as it will only worsen its condition. If the itching becomes unbearable, use a sterilized cotton ball to wipe your eyes lightly.
Apart from following these basic precautions you can try some simple home remedies to treat conjunctivitis. Just follow the under mentioned home remedies and you will surely get relief from the burning or the itching sensation that pink eye is associated with.
- You should wash your eyes as often as possible with plain water. However, before doing that, make sure that you have washed your hands with a mild disinfectant.
- You can also use various pink eyes solutions that are available in the market today. That apart, you can make an eyebath solution at home and use the same to wash your infected eyes. This can be prepared by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of warm water.
- Another effective eyewash solution that you can easily make at home is by boiling fennel seeds in water. You can also use a solution of boiled water in which dried chamomile flower has been added as a compress to relieve itching and redness.
- You can also use honey as an eye drop and administer it directly in your infected eye. The anti-bacterial properties of honey will have a soothing affect on your eyes.
- Some experts recommend the use of cotton balls dipped in aroma oils to treat conjunctivitis. Chamomile, lavender and rose oils are the best bets when it comes to treating conjunctivitis at home.
- Placing grated raw potato on the infected eye is an age old home remedy for treating conjunctivitis. This not only helps reduce inflammation but soothes the eyes as well.
- You can also place cold tea bags on the infected eye to remedy the irritation caused by pink eye.